In today’s concise guide, you will learn how to use shortcuts directly from iPhone and iPad home screen. There are many ways to dispatch an easy route on your iOS device., including the shortcut app, Siri, and widgets. However, the quickest path is by using the home screen shortcut.
There’s an unmistakable advantage in dispatching shortcuts straightforwardly from the home screen. If your device is running on iOS 14.3 and iPadOS 14.3 or higher, you can run and use shortcuts without really opening the Shortcuts application. However, if it’s a headless, cooperation free alternate way, the easy route will just sudden run on its own and you’ll see a notification.
However, If it’s an interactive shortcut, you’ll see a small UI card at the head of the screen where you can make choices, enter data, and more. The Shortcuts widget additionally gives the equivalent functionality, though it takes up a lot of space. You can have four shortcut icons in place of a single shortcut widget.
How To Use Shortcuts Directly From iPhone And iPad Home Screen
- First of all, Open the “Shortcuts” app on your iOS device.
- Fire up to the “My Shortcuts” menu and touch the three-dot menu button of the shortcut that you want to add to your home screen.
- Tap the three-dot menu button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the “Details” screen, select the “Add to Home Screen” button.
- A new page will pop-up where you can customize the shortcut icon and its name. Tap the icon to change it.
- You have the option to attach an icon from the Files app, or you can pick a photo from the Photos app. In this example, we will use the Photos app. Tap the “Choose Photo” option.
- Choose the photo that you want to use as an icon.
- You can now zoom in or out of the photo if you want. Then tap the “Choose” button.
- You can change the name of the shortcut if you want. Once you’re done, select the “Add” button.
- The shortcut will now be added to the home screen. Tap the shortcut icon on your home screen to run the shortcut.
- If you no longer have a need for the shortcut, simply press and hold the shortcut icon, and choose the “Delete Bookmark” option.
- From the pop-up message, tap the “Delete” button. The shortcut will now be removed from your home screen.
In this article, you have learned how to use shortcuts directly from iPhone and iPad home screen. Use the star button to rate this article, also, use the comment box to drop your questions.