When talking about iPhone, the word “Jailbreaking” alludes to the way toward hacking the device’s firmware so you can use unapproved apps inaccessible from Apple’s App Store. So, in this article, I will show you how to install apps on Jailbroken iPhone through Cydia.
If you have used your iPhone, iPad, or iPod for some time then you are likely used to using the App Store to find and install apps and games. Apple has tight control over which apps are allowed in the App Store, with developers being required to submit them for a survey before they are acknowledged.
After jailbreaking your iOS device, you will be permitted to install apps from other App Store. Cydia will install automatically after jailbreaking your device and you can find it in your app list similar to the App Store.
A jailbroken iPhone has full access to various helpful apps, for example, SBSettings, which lets you tweak your most-used settings directly from the home screen, or iBlacklist, an iPhone app that lets you block calls and messages.
How To Install Apps On Jailbroken iPhone Through Cydia
After jailbreaking your iOS device, the Cydia app store will be installed on your device automatically. You can launch it by tapping the icon.
- 1. Open your app menu and find the Cydia app.
- Select a Category.
- You will then get a list of all the applications in that category. They are in alphabetical order.
- Select an application. This will open a screen with all the information about that application including; the name of the application, the version, the author of the application, a description of the application, more information about the application, the package ID, the section the application is in, the maintainer of the application and the source information for the application.
- Select Install in the upper right corner.
- This will bring up a pop-up window in which you will need to confirm that you would like to install the application. You can do so by selecting Confirm in the upper right corner. You can also choose to Cancel the install by selecting Cancel in the upper left corner.
- Wait for the application to install.
- Once the application is finished installing, you will have one of two options at the bottom of the screen, Return to Cydia or Respring SpringBoard. Either way, tap on the option.
- If the option at the bottom of the install screen was Return to Cydia, you will be brought back to the application information page, you can then select the Home Button on your iPhone.
- Find the applications on your SpringBoard.
However, If you already know the name of the third-party app you would like to install on your device, you can easily search for it.
- Find the Cydia app and open it.
- Select Search on the lower menu bar.
- Once in Search, you will see a Search Bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the Search Bar and enter the name of the application you would like to install.
- Follow steps 7-13 above.
READ MORE: How To Change Text Message/iMessage Background On iPhone Without Jailbreaking
READ MORE: Best iPhone Spy App That Works With Two-Factor Authentication
READ MORE: How To Change Keyboard Background On iPhone
In this article, you’ve learned how to install apps on Jailbroken iPhone through Cydia. Use it properly to avoid installing unsafe apps that might harm your phone. Do you have anything to add to this article? use the comment box. Cheers!
Hi, I’m Chukwuemeka, and I’m a young writer and a self-taught blogger. My job is to publish informative contents that bring a solution to your tech problem. I love you, cheers!